Know Your Stats About Prostate Cancer
The Urology Care Foundation has a longstanding partnership with the NFL. For nearly a decade, they have teamed up to raise awareness about prostate cancer through the Know Your Stats® campaign. Mike Haynes, widely recognized as one of the game’s all-time greatest defensive backs, is a campaign spokesperson, prostate cancer survivor, and Pro Football Hall of Fame member who travels the country with other NFL legends to raise funds for prostate cancer research and drive home the message that early detection is key to catching and treating this disease. What You Need to Know:
- Prostate cancer is the 2nd most-common cancer in men;
- A man is told he has prostate cancer every 3.1 minutes;
- If you are ages 55 to 69, talk to your doctor about prostate screening;
- Know Your Risk. Some men are at higher risk for prostate cancer.
- Talk to your doctor about prostate cancer screening if you are ages 40 to 54 years and you are African American and/or have a father, brother or son who has had prostate cancer. The Urology Care Foundation and the NFL continue to build upon a relationship that started when the NFL began implementing prostate cancer screenings for retired players.
Don’t sit on the sidelines. Know your risk. Talk to your doctor. For more information about prostate cancer, visit KnowYourStats.org.