Promoting Diversity & Inclusion
The NFL strives to stand out as a model of diversity and inclusion—honoring and celebrating our many differences while embracing our shared commonalities. Some examples of NFL Diversity & Inclusion efforts include:
- The NFL DIVERSITY COUNCIL, which helps give all individuals the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the pursuit of organizational goals. The Diversity Council works with the NFL’s executive team to design policies that create and support an inclusive work environment; develop employee programs that encourage diversity; and integrate diverse practices into decision-making across all departments.
- FINDING AFFINITY IN THE WORKPLACE: The NFL has four operational affinity groups, linked by a common interest or purpose:
- The Black Engagement Network (BEN)
- NFL Community Teammates
- NFL Pride
- Women’s Interactive Network (W.I.N.).
- The NFL and works year round with the YOU CAN PLAY PROJECT, an organization dedicated to ensuring equality, respect, and safety for all athletes, without regard to sexual orientation and/or gender identity. Together with You Can Play, the NFL hosts events at major tentpole events (i.e. Kickoff, Pro Bowl, etc), giving current and former NFL players an opportunity to spend time with local LGBTQ youth and their allies.
- The NFL collaborated with the AD COUNCIL for their launch of a PSA called “Fans of Love,” an extension of their Love Has No Labels campaign. The PSAs, filmed at the 2017 Pro Bowl, put a twist on the traditional kiss cam by replacing it with an unbiased camera that features all forms of love—friendships, families, and romantic relationships—across race, religion, gender, sexuality, ability, and age.